Distributed MPC Made Easy
The goal of this book is to make available to a wide audience in a systematic, practical, and accessible way the available approaches for distributed (and hierarchical) model predictive control (MPC). The idea is to provide in each chapter the description of one particular approach, including:
- the rationale and background;
- the assumptions made on the system dynamics, control objectives and constraints;
- a step-by-step description of the computations/equations;
- the availability of theoretical results;
- the availability of real (or simulated) applications.
A consistent description of all approaches enables readers (researchers, PhD candidates, MSc students and control practitioners) to compare the approaches and assess the usefulness of these approaches for their respective applications.